Bringle Civic Engagement Showcase & Symposium
Service. Partnership. Research.
The Robert G. Bringle Civic Engagement Showcase and Symposium recognizes the impact of each of these things on the IUPUI campus and in the community.
The Community Partner Networking Lunch is an opportunity for community partners and IUPUI faculty and staff to connect and share their current work, ways in which to create new or strengthen current partnerships, and share resources around specific community issues. Each table will have a structured conversation led by an identified faculty, staff, or community partner, to make inentional connections around resources and partnership best practices. This lunch will kick off the Robert G. Bringle Civic Engagement Showcase and Symposium (CESS) and is open to all attendees looking to discuss campus and community partnership opportunities.
The lunch will begin with our keynote speaker, Paula Means, Community Health Engagement Program Manager for the Indiana Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute in the IU School of Medicine, followed by networking time to discuss specific issue areas at designated tables. We ask that when RSVPing, attendees select the topic they are most interested in exploring so that we can ensure our offerings best fit our audience.
Each table will have a designated community issue to promote discussion. Please see the following list for table topic areas and a brief description of each:
- Community Based Professional Practice (Clinical practice such as medical, dental, nursing, and legal in community settings)
- STEM (Programs designed around science, technology, engineering and math)
- Sustainability (Best practices around such sustainability issues as energy conservation, urban gardening, and environmental literacy)
- Social and Mental Health (Psychiatry, counseling, addiction and recovery, mental health awareness and advocacy)
- Physical Health (Public health, access to healthy food, physical fitness, access to affordable healthcare)
If you have questions about the Community Partner Networking Lunch, please contact Morgan Studer at 278-3474 or firstname.lastname@example.org.