CSL conferences are sources of new ideas and new collaborations.
The spark of a new idea—it’s a gratifying feeling, and one you’ll have often at our conferences. You’ll learn about best practices and the latest research in civic engagement and service learning. And you’ll connect with people who share your values and goals, building collaborations that enhance your work and service.
We offer two annual events:
- Robert G. Bringle Civic Engagement Showcase and Symposium, focusing on outcomes and best practices in local campus-community collaborations.
- IUPUI Research Academy, where you can strengthen your research skills, receive feedback on a proposal, and meet other scholars. This event is part of a week-long Connecting Campuses with Communities conference.
We also recommend these conferences—some of which CSL sponsors—in Indianapolis and beyond.
- Assessment Institute
- Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Action (ARNOVA) Conference
- Governor’s Conference on Service and Nonprofit Capacity Building
- IMPACT National Conference
- Indiana Campus Compact’s Service Engagement Summit
- International Association for Research on Service-learning and Community Engagement (IARSLCE) Conference
- IUPUI Research Day
- Joseph Taylor Symposium, presented by the IU School of Liberal Arts at IUPUI
- National Society for Experiential Education (NSEE) Annual Conference