Sam H. Jones Community Service Scholarships
You’ve already done great things. A Sam H. Jones scholarship will help you do even more.
The Sam H. Jones Community Service Scholarship Program recognizes what you’ve already accomplished: it’s awarded based on exemplary service in the community, in your high school, or at IUPUI. But it’s really focused on what you’re going to do next.
The many Sam H. Jones scholarships offer financial awards, but also a variety of components to help you grow as a student, community member, and leader. Scholarships include:
- Many volunteer opportunities
- A service learning course
- Leadership training
- Networking with faculty and community leaders
- A family of service-minded students
One of the nation’s largest service-based scholarship programs, the Sam H. Jones program was created in 1994 and has awarded more than $1.7 million to more than 890 students.
Explore Scholarships and Apply
Most applications are due March 1 at 5:00 p.m. The application for Alternative Spring Break Team Leaders is due April 1 at 5:00 p.m.
- Alternative Break Team Leaders guide students on trips throughout the nation to volunteer and raise awareness about social issues
- America Reads*America Counts Team Leaders oversee teams that tutor elementary students in reading and math
- Community Partner Scholars assist IUPUI’s community partners in the Near Westside and West Indianapolis
- Community Service Leaders support other Sam H. Jones Service Scholars and contribute to a variety of service events
- Community Service Scholars serve four hours per week at a community agency and take a service learning course
- First Year Service Scholars volunteer each week at George Washington Community High School and take a service learning course
- Fugate Scholars help local elementary and high school students prepare for college
- ServiceCorps Scholars help lead campuswide service events
You may be able to hold more than one scholarship. See the Sam H. Jones Community Scholarship Program Restrictions.
See our list of scholarship recipients.