Sam H. Jones Community Service Scholarships
Community Service Leaders
Applications are now open.
March 1 at 5:00 p.m.
Duration of Scholarship
Semester (renewable for spring semester)
$2,000 per semester
10 hours per week
Jennifer Halford: email@example.com or 317-278-2504
- GPA: 2.75
- Minimum number of credit hours: 9 credit hours per semester
- Undergraduate/graduate eligibility: undergraduate
- Criminal History Check statement: Yes
- Completion of credit hours at IUPUI: Junior status or greater
- Previous recipient of the Sam H. Jones Community Service Scholarship
Community Service Leaders (CSLs) are responsible for the planning of campuswide community service and civic engagement events and the mentoring of other Sam H. Jones Community Service Scholars. The program is designed to identify leaders that are best suited for leading specific events and programs based upon their knowledge, skills, expertise, and interests. For more information about each CSL position, click here.
How to Apply
- Complete the online form
- Respond to the following questions:
- If selected for the Community Service Leader, which positions are you most interested in and why?
- Provide a letter of reference
- Provide a resume
Scholarship Requirements and Expectations
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.75
- Enroll at IUPUI during the current academic year for at least 9 credit hours each semester
- Attend the mandatory Community Service Leader Orientation in August
- Represent IUPUI in a positive manner while completing 10 in-office and out-of-office hours per week
- Complete the tasks required for the specific CSL position you are assigned (For a full list of CSL job descriptions, please click here)
- Attend mandatory scholar trainings/meetings on Fridays once a month from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Serve as a mentor to a FSS as assigned
- Act as a site leader at various campus-wide service events, including United Way Day of Caring, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service, and César Chávez Day of Service
- Attend an overnight Service Scholar Retreat in September
- Meet consistently with your staff advisor and act as support staff for community service and civic engagement events and programs