Sam H. Jones Community Service Scholarships
Community Service Leaders
Applications for 2014-2015 are now closed.
March 1 at 5:00 p.m.
Duration of Scholarship
Awarded per semester; Renewable for the academic year
$2,000 per semester; $4,000 per academic year
10 hours per week
Jennifer Halford: firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-278-2504
- GPA: 2.75
- Undergraduate students eligible
- Completion of credit hours at IUPUI required for application: 56 credit hours
- Minimum number of credit hours per semester to remain eligible: 9 credit hours per semester
- Successful completion of a sexual offender background check required
- Previous participation in the Community Service Scholars program (CSS)
Community Service Leaders (CSLs) are responsible for the planning of campuswide community service and civic engagement events and the mentoring of other Sam H. Jones Community Service Scholars. The program is designed to identify leaders that are best suited for leading specific events and programs based upon their knowledge, skills, expertise, and interests. For more information about each CSL position, click here.
How to Apply
- Complete the online form
- Respond to the following questions:
- If selected for the Community Service Leader, which positions are you most interested in and why?
- Provide a letter of reference
- Provide a resume
Scholarship Requirements and Expectations
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.75
- Enroll at IUPUI during the current academic year for at least 9 credit hours each semester
- Attend the mandatory Community Service Leader Orientation in August
- Represent IUPUI in a positive manner while completing 10 in-office and out-of-office hours per week
- Complete the tasks required for the specific CSL position you are assigned (For a full list of CSL job descriptions, please click here)
- Attend mandatory scholar trainings/meetings on Fridays once a month
- Serve as a mentor to a FSS as assigned
- Act as a site leader at various campus-wide service events, including United Way Day of Caring, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service, and César Chávez Day of Service
- Attend an overnight Service Scholar Retreat in September
- Meet consistently with your staff advisor and act as support staff for community service and civic engagement events and programs