Community Work-Study

Jobs in the Community

If you are looking to earn your Federal Work-Study award in a meaningful job in the community, you will find the following information helpful.

Many eligible nonprofits hire Federal Work-Study students in a variety of positions: fundraising coordination, grant writing, volunteer coordination, event management, administrative assistance, public relations/marketing, graphic design, social service administration, and many more.

You can find positions on JagJobs. Search for jobs labeled as “work-study” to find out which community organizations are hiring.

Contact the Office of Student Employment and set up an appointment to discuss the best way to find Community Work-Study jobs.

Find positions on your specific school’s listserv or job database.

Set up an appointment with your school’s career services representative to discuss what jobs may be available.