$3,000 scholarship and earned community work-study annually for four years
Priority date is February 1.
The Sam H. Jones Community Service Scholarship Program recognizes IUPUI students for previous service to their high schools, campus, or communities and supports their continued involvement in educationally meaningful service, leadership, and social advocacy. The new Sam H. Jones Bonner Leader Program will provide selected students an ongoing cohort intended to help them develop their interests and skills related to civic engagement and leadership.
Bonner Leaders are selected through a competitive process open to incoming first-year students who are eligible for federal work-study awards. Applicants must meet regular admissions standards and have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Through the program, each student earns their work-study award in addition to a $3,000 service-based scholarship, renewable for all four years that students remain eligible in the program.
Bonner Leaders agree to enroll in at least 9 credit hours per semester, including a required service learning class for the first-year cohort, and participate in planned community service activities during the year.
- IUPUI scholarship application (Applicants should be sure to complete the optional essay on service and community work.)
- Completion of Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- An official academic transcript
- Two letters of recommendation with at least one from a teacher who is familiar with your service involvement
How to Apply
- Go to One.IU.
- Search for "scholarships."
- If you are new to the Indiana University scholarship system, be sure to complete your general application to see a list of all recommended scholarship opportunities.
- Search "Bonner Leader Program" within Recommended Opportunities.
- If Bonner Leader Program is not in your Recommended Opportunities, click Ours under Opportunities in the dark gray navigation bar along the top instead and search with keyword "Bonner Leader Program."
Interviews will be conducted for all finalists. Letters can and will be provided for guidance counselors. For more information or questions, contact Charli Lienemann at email@example.com (317) 274-7535.
View more information regarding the National Bonner Foundation.