This is a $4,500 scholarship earned annually for four years.
The priority date is February 15.
The Sam H. Jones Community Service Scholarship Program recognizes IUPUI students for previous service to their high schools, campuses, or communities and supports their continued involvement in educationally meaningful service, leadership, and social advocacy. The new Sam H. Jones Bonner Leader Program provides selected students an ongoing cohort intended to help them develop their interests and skills related to civic engagement and leadership.
Bonner Leaders are selected through a competitive process open to incoming first-year students. Applicants must meet regular admissions standards and have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Through the program, each student earns a $4,500 service-based scholarship, renewable for all four years that students remain eligible in the program.
Bonner Leaders agree to enroll in at least 9 credit hours per semester, including a required service learning class for the first-year cohort, and participate in planned community service activities during the year.
- IUPUI scholarship application (Applicants should be sure to complete the optional essay on service and community work.)
- Completion of Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- An official academic transcript
- Two letters of recommendation with at least one from a teacher who is familiar with your service involvement
How to apply
- Go to One.IU.
- Search for "scholarships."
- If you are new to the Indiana University scholarship system, be sure to complete your general application to see a list of all recommended scholarship opportunities.
- Under the Opportunities tab, select Our Opportunities.
- Search "Bonner Leader Program" within Our Opportunities.
Interviews will be conducted for all finalists. Letters can and will be provided for guidance counselors. For more information or questions, contact Charli Lienemann at firstname.lastname@example.org (317) 274-7535.
View more information regarding the National Bonner Foundation.