The Center for Service and Learning (CSL) provides small grants ($250 - $750) to support faculty and instructional staff to disseminate knowledge and other forms of innovation related to civic and community engagement in higher education. Applications are welcomed that relate to the following topics:
- Instructional models and assessments associated with community-engaged teaching practices such as service learning, faculty mentored community-based participatory research, global service learning, inter-professional education, etc.
- Studies using community engaged inquiry methods (action research, participatory design, developmental evaluation, participatory evaluation, CPAR, etc.).
- Research on student learning outcomes, student motivations, etc. associated with community-engaged learning environments.
- Theoretical papers or critiques devoted to issues in civic and community engagement in higher education.
- Community-campus partnerships (local and global).
- Community outcomes resulting from engagement.
- Public scholarship.
- Program or department-based institutionalization of community engagement.