The Center for Service and Learning (CSL) provides small grants (up to $500) to support faculty and instructional staff to disseminate knowledge and other forms of innovation related to service learning or civic and community engagement in higher education.
Applications that relate to the topics below are welcome:
- Instructional models and assessments associated with community-engaged teaching practices, such as service learning, faculty-mentored community-based participatory research, or global service learning.
- Studies using community-engaged inquiry methods (e.g., action research, participatory design, developmental evaluation, participatory evaluation).
- Research on student learning outcomes, student motivations, etc. associated with community-engaged learning environments.
- Community-campus partnerships (local and global) in service learning.
- Community outcomes resulting from student engagement.
- Program- or department-based institutionalization of service learning or community engagement.