The Center for Service and Learning provides several programs to support faculty and staff promoting service learning and civic engagement throughout the IUPUI campus. These programs fall under the Communities of Practice. Learn more about the programs and get application information.
Public Scholarship Faculty Learning Community
The Public Scholarship Faculty Learning Community (FLC) is an interdisciplinary cohort of faculty members who engage in a collaborative, yearlong program focusing on public scholarship as an avenue for scholarly work and explores how to cultivate faculty research agendas around engaged and/or public scholarship. The FLC is designed to:
- Promote and expand public scholarship at IUPUI
- Compose and implement a plan to enhance public scholarship as a legitimate and thorough form of scholarly work on campus
- Cultivate faculty leadership for public scholarship by increasing understanding of current literature and research on public scholarship and community-engaged research
- Support faculty development in relation to the scholarship of engagement
- Create a network of engaged faculty
The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) promotes teaching as a scholarly endeavor and a valuable subject for research, producing knowledge that is open to review and evaluation.